I can't believe it's already been 3 months!
My heart is feeling so heavy to leave home again for 9 months. But if the past 3 months have been any indicator, the next 9 shouldn't be too far away. I've been loving home so much that having to leave on Malaysia Day itself is so sad. But at the same time, I am looking forward to start second year again because this time 'round, we have the whole lot of juniors joining us insyaAllah! Should be a fun and hectic time as it always is with them.
But ultimately, I'm so sad to leave this place :"((( I'm so Malaysian, it's ridiculous! No matter where I may go, I will always have Malaysia close to my heart. My favourite place ever lah, this place. From the food to the familiar rojak language, I grow to love this place more and more. I think being abroad for a long period of time made me appreciate Malaysia more bak kata pepatah orang putih "Absence makes the heart grow fonder".
This summer break, I
- Went to Penang and Terengganu with friends and went to the beach both times.
- Had a splendid Raya Aidilfitri with my even more splendid family.
- Ate Mak Tok's cooking for 2 weeks straight and then continued to devour food in all of my favourite places. Yes, that would include home.
- Watched Germany win the World Cup and stayed awake for most of the good matches. Sometimes alone and sometimes with a very sleepy Iman.
- Got treated to a Paris x Barcelona trip by Tania hehe she da real mvp for sure
- Drove both Papa and Pak Tok's car!!!!! Yay!!
- Dressed up.
- Dressed down.
- Went to Jumpstreet with 16 others and played dodgeball!
- Played card games and Cranium with my cousinzzz.
- Karaoke-d with my sisters!
- Celebrated Zaim's 20th.
- Tried new food in Terengganu! Pulut lepa is my new favourite tea time food. Only if they had it in KL!
- Went on breakfast dates, lunch dates, dinner dates, supper dates with different people.
- Laughed my butt off.
- Cried my heart out.
- Tried my hand at street style photography with my bestie.
- Went to KY twice! Ate at Garden Seafood twice also hihi
- Chopped off my hair!
- Had a pizza date with my Iman.
- Had a manicure date with my Tania.
- Had a heart to heart with my Zaim.
- Raya-ed with my friends and took endless selfies.
- Once again, played Speed with Pana..... I won.
- Learned how to play Taiti. Aced at playing Taiti.
- Went to a Vintage Fest with Marissa and then had a rather large curry puff and enjoyed live music. Best time!
- Got obsessed (and I mean, real obsessed) with Running Man. KWANG SOO FOREVER AND EVER
- Satisfied most, if not all, of my food cravings.
- Spent time with all the people I care greatly for.
May Allah bless my second year in the UK with all things good and may it all be smooth sailing for me.
I looked forward to home for so long and it definitely lived up to all I had imagined and I'm forever and ever grateful to call this country home. I will definitely miss you and there will definitely be nights where there won't be nothing I won't do to come home even for a night but for the mean time, I have to face reality and be a good student. InsyaAllah!!!
See you soon Malaysia, God willing!